August 24, 2009

Scott's Blog: August '09

River Music--Sorry I missed the latest RUN meeting. I went to a concert downtown and when I bought the ticket I didn't realize it was on RUN night. I'll be there in September if the creek don't rise.

Digital Age
--You may have noticed I have a proper email address now. I am also working on a My Space and Face book page. It's what all the kids are doing. It is all very strange to me so bare with me as I am dragged kicking and screaming into the the 21st century.

Gail Kerr--I hope y'all got a chance to read Gail Kerr's piece last Sunday August 15 in the Tennessean. It was about the Metro law against discrimination of gays. Our councilman Buddy Baker was featured. Buddy and I have not agreed on every issue but he is right on this one.

Marketplace--I hope y'all have had to chance to visit the new farmer's market in Richland Park. I have been there the last two Saturdays and it seems to be thriving. If you haven't been there yet be sure to go before it gets too cold.

No comments: